Monday, November 3, 2008

Barbecuing...

My Brother-in-law "J" turned me on to a new kick, dig it. I'm sure you've had a barbecued oyster, but have you ever tried a barbecue clam?


This past August over at his house, before he threw on a marinated London broil for us, he put some medium cherry stone clams on the grill. You just put them on the grill until they open up about a quarter-inch and you take them off the grill with some tongs. Now here is the important part, you have to let them cool for at least two minutes and please be careful, because they are hot!


Give them a dash of Tabasco, and you have an outstanding appetizer. "J" had regular Tabasco and Chipotle Tabasco.









To me regular Tabasco works the best, as it doesn't overwhelm it, but adds the flavor profile.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chipotle Tabasco is my best friend, but regular tastes best on hard boilded eggs.

JDC

www.DemocracyHypocrisy.com
www.DarkeCuriosityEmporium.com

Cormac Brown said...

Johnny Dollars,

Regular is indeed best with any kind of egg.

Gifted Typist said...

Interesting, bbq'd clams. Never tried that but I LOVE that chipotle tabasco on raw oysters. With a squirt of lemon and sip of sauvignon blanc, it is the closest to culinary heaven you get

Cormac Brown said...

Gifted,

That sounds so wonderful, that it makes me want to drink wine.